Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Gary Young <fl...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/07 02:57:15 UTC

Re: Flexmojos 6.0.1 Released

Hi Chris,

There's no way to find the updated information about Flexmojos if not in
this email list. Googling "Flexmojos" will lead to version 3, 4 mostly, and
even found https://flexmojos.atlassian.net/wiki/display/FLEXMOJOS/Home,
there's no way to know whether it is the latest, because it's still point
repository to https://repository.sonatype.org/content/groups/flexgroup/.

It feels like no one is using it anymore except me.

I am wondering you have made Flex Mavenizer a part of Flex release, do you
think it's possible to make Flex mojos a part of Flex release too? You know
like the "java -cp flexmojos-deployer-1.0.jar "repositoryId" "url" "mvn",
so that people can have everything from Apache Flex download.

Big fan of yours.

-Gary

AW: Flexmojos 6.0.1 Released

Posted by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Gary,

Unfortunately the guy who initially developed FM has lost interest in Flex. Therefore I took up the ball early 2012. The Problem with announcements are that the Flexmojos Mailinglist at Googlegroups is moderated by Velo so he has to explicitly let every mail pass ... unfortunately he doesn't seem to be doing the Moderation any more therefore it's impossible to send anything to that list.

At least I'm glad that you managed to find the https://flexmojos.atlassian.net site as the old sonatype one is still active (Velo wanted to let sonatype turn it off, but seems it has slipped his mind to actually do so). I guess because a lot of links Point to that, Google Serves these results first (Don't know what I could do about that).

Regarding your second question: The Mavenizer is just a first step towards a new flex-maven-plugin. That's why I donated it to Apache and didn't add it to Flexmojos. Flexmojos has become a beast to maintain. Beeing backward compatable back down to Flex 2.x makes the plugin and the testsuite extremely complex. Additionally I would like to Change some things that were causing a lot of Trouble. That's why I'm currently also working on a new Plugin. This will not be backward compatable with Adobe Flex and will concentrate on supporting the exciting new Falcon stuff.

Hope that's enough of an update for now ... I'll Keep you all posted on any Progress :-)

But be assured ... a lot of People are actually using Flexmojos.