Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Hale Bales <hb...@vmware.com> on 2021/03/18 17:51:48 UTC

[Proposal] Backport GEODE-9032 to support/1.14

Hello,

     I am putting forward the proposal to backport GEODE-9032 (support SLOWLOG command) to support/1.14 branch,

    What does GEODE-9032 do?

              *   It updates the docs to put slowlog in the list of supported commands
              *   It updates the test that checks if commands are supported or not

    These changes are low-risk as they are limited entirely to the Geode’s Redis-compatibility subsystem and do not impact any other Geode code. This is an update to docs and a test.

            Why do we need to backport these changes?

              *   These changes will allow us to support the commands necessary for DataDog to be compatible with Geode's API for Compatibility with Redis.

~ hale (they/them)

Re: [Proposal] Backport GEODE-9032 to support/1.14