Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Tod Thomas <tt...@chubb.com> on 2005/06/17 16:52:43 UTC

Jetspeed2M3 war file?

I'm following the instructions on the getting started page and after the
maven allBuild goal was complete I copied the jetspeed.war from the
./portal/targert directory up to my tomcat webapps directory.

I'm getting a "HTTP Status 503 - Servlet jetspeed is currently
unavailable" error when I navigate to the jetspeed I just installed.

Is the copying of the war file advisable?  If not, is there a way I can
build a working jetspeed.war file from the source?  I didn't see any
jetspeed2 goals when I did maven -bg.

Thanks - Tod

jetspeed2M3
tomcat-5.0.28
maven 1.0
java 1.4.2_04

Re: Jetspeed2M3 war file?

Posted by Tod Thomas <tt...@chubb.com>.
Tod Thomas wrote:
> Is the copying of the war file advisable?  If not, is there a way I can
> build a working jetspeed.war file from the source?  I didn't see any
> jetspeed2 goals when I did maven -bg.

Ok, bad plan.  Reading the instructions (again) is advisable.

Also, I found that when running maven quickStart it did not recoginize
the ${CATALINA_HOME}/ in my build.properties even though the environment
was set up.  I ended up changing the org.apache.jetspeed.server.home
property to point directly to the base tomcat install directory.

Tod