Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Abhishek Sinha (abhsinh2)" <ab...@cisco.com> on 2016/05/05 04:15:18 UTC

Contribution to maven dependency plugin

Hi,

I want to contribute to maven dependency plugin. Can you please point me to steps I need to follow for contribution?

Thanks
Abhishek

Re: Contribution to maven dependency plugin

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Abhishek,

first thanks for willing to help....

The most important is for things you would like to work on is create an
appropriate JIRA issue which describes the problem / improvement you
would like to do...

Afterwards you can checkout the appropriate source code from SVN (if we
are talking about maven-dependency-plugin ...)..

Make a patch against the current trunk (most recent version)...
and attach the patch to the jira issue...

And don't forget to make appropriate tests for it (not always easy
sometimes hard )...

Be aware the helping guide:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-helping.html

If something unclear or need to be more explained don't hesitate to ask
here or if you have improvements for the documentation please report it
as well (via jira issue) ...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise