Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Kane Kane <ka...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/24 10:49:35 UTC

kafka monitoring

I see this MBean:
"kafka.server":name="AllTopicsMessagesInPerSec",type="BrokerTopicMetrics"

Does it return number per broker or per cluster? If it's per broker how to
get global value per cluster and vice versa?

Thanks.

Re: kafka monitoring

Posted by Simon Hørup Eskildsen <si...@sirupsen.com>.
This is per broker.

What we do is use JMXtrans (https://github.com/jmxtrans/jmxtrans) to pull
this data into statsd. To get all messages into the cluster at once, we sum
over all the brokers in Graphite.

--
Simon
http://sirupsen.com/

Re: kafka monitoring

Posted by Monika Garg <ga...@gmail.com>.
It is perBroker.
It gives the count of messages that a broker has.
As per my understanding to get it at cluster level,the messages count at
each broker needs to be summed up.

--
*Moniii*