Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "alexandre.correa" <al...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/10 20:30:24 UTC

Oracle JDBC persistence

Hi folks,

I'm trying to use ActiveMQ 4.1.0 with Oracle 10 as the database persistence.
The problem I'm facing is that ActiveMQ starts to create a lot of
connections to oracle, that are never closed. I've tryed to follow the
instructions made in this thread
(http://www.nabble.com/Oracle-Persistant-Journal-tf2140863.html#a6130646),
but it didn't work.

The funny thing is that even if I don't send or receive any message to/from
ActiveMQ, it keeps creating connections. Below are the configuration I'm
using:

    <persistenceAdapter>
       <!-- Configuracao utilizando Oracle datasource sem Journaling -->
       <jdbcPersistenceAdapter dataSource="#oracle-ds"
statements="#broker-statements" adapter="#db-adapter">
         cleanupPeriod=60000
       </jdbcPersistenceAdapter>
    </persistenceAdapter>
  <bean id="broker-statements"
class="org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.Statements">
  </bean>

  <bean id="db-adapter"
class="org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.adapter.StreamJDBCAdapter">
    <property name="batchStatments" value="false" />
  </bean>

  <bean id="oracle-ds" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
destroy-method="close">
    <property name="driverClassName"
value="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"/>
    <property name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:oci:@bioteste"/>
    <property name="username" value="jms"/>
    <property name="password" value="aloracle"/>
    <property name="poolPreparedStatements" value="true"/>
    <property name="initialSize" value="5" />
    <property name="maxActive" value="10" />
    <property name="maxIdle" value="5" />
  </bean>

Someone has a hint about what I'm missing here?

Thanks in advance,
Alexandre

Re: Oracle JDBC persistence

Posted by "alexandre.correa" <al...@gmail.com>.
Sorry guys,

I've been thinking this was an Oracle problem. But reading this post
(http://www.nabble.com/DB-connection-pool-tf2775515.html) I've concluded it
is not. Following the suggested workaround I've got to solve my problem.

Sorry for bothering you,
Alexandre