Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Emma X." <em...@googlemail.com> on 2010/02/18 17:56:33 UTC

not understanding ant task

Hi all,

I am trying to find out what that Ant Task is for. (I pasted it at the end
of my post).

I would like to by-pass using ant and proceed working with Eclipse, but to
accomplish this i need to understand what this task does.

Thanks in advance,
Emma

<target name="instrument-classes">
     <taskdef name="instrument-stack"
         classname="cz.advel.stack.instrument.InstrumentationTask"
         classpath="${run.classpath}">
     </taskdef>

     <instrument-stack dest="${build.classes.dir}"
packageName="your.package.name">
         <fileset dir="${build.classes.dir}" includes="**/*.class"/>
     </instrument-stack>
 </target>

 <target name="-post-compile" depends="instrument-classes">
 </target>

Re: not understanding ant task

Posted by "Scot P. Floess" <sf...@nc.rr.com>.
Do you have any idea what the classes are for?  Based on the name and the
target name (-post-compile), I am guessing this is adding some form of
instrumentation to your class files...

I am not familiar with these classes, so its just a guess ;)

--
Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale

252-478-8087 (Home)