Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2006/11/07 22:04:41 UTC

Server trunk build failure (activemq issues)

It seems that there are some problems with our dependencies on activemq
4.0.1 in trunk.

The first problem (with the activecluster jar) seems to be that the
maven-metadata.xml is not correct on
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository .  It doesn't
include an entry for the 4.0.1 version.

The second problem (with the activemq jar) might be an error in our
dependencies.  I don't see a 4.0.1 version of the activemq jar.  Is this
supposed to be activemq-core jar?

These are the errors I hit with a clean repo and a fresh checkout
(rev.472130).

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) incubator-activemq:activecluster:jar:4.0.1

   Then, install it using the command:
       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=incubator-activemq
-DartifactId=activecluster \
           -Dversion=4.0.1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

   Path to dependency:
         1)
org.apache.geronimo.configs:jetty-clustering-builder-wadi:car:1.2-SNAPSHOT
         2) incubator-activemq:activecluster:jar:4.0.1

2) incubator-activemq:activemq:jar:4.0.1

   Then, install it using the command:
       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=incubator-activemq
-DartifactId=activemq \
           -Dversion=4.0.1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

   Path to dependency:
         1)
org.apache.geronimo.configs:jetty-clustering-builder-wadi:car:1.2-SNAPSHOT
         2) incubator-activemq:activemq:jar:4.0.1

----------
2 required artifacts are missing.

for artifact:

org.apache.geronimo.configs:jetty-clustering-builder-wadi:car:1.2-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
   apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
   codehaus (http://repository.codehaus.org),
   apache-snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
   codehaus-snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org)

Thanks,
Joe

Re: Server trunk build failure (activemq issues)

Posted by Gianny Damour <gi...@optusnet.com.au>.
On 08/11/2006, at 8:39 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> We integrated with 4.1-SNAPSHOT specifically for this reason.
>
> I still have not gotten any responses by to my query why 4.0x was
> added.
Sorry for this late reply. 4.0.x was added because it was the version
that WADI supported.

> IMO, one or the other needs to be removed.
4.0.x activecluster and activemq dependencies have been removed.

Thanks,
Gianny

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.
   I hit this error while building geronimo-clustering-wadi module:
Path to dependency:
      1)
org.apache.geronimo.modules:geronimo-clustering-wadi:jar:1.2-SNAPSHOT
      2) org.codehaus.wadi:wadi-activecluster:jar:2.0M2-SNAPSHOT
      3) incubator-activemq:activecluster:jar:4.0.1
   it is coming from wadi-activecluster. Once this error comes, the jar
can not be downloaded without deleting the offending directory,
incubator-activemq in this case. I deleted incubator-activemq and it
was downloaded from:
Downloading:
http://dist.codehaus.org/wadi/dependencies/maven2/incubator-activemq/activemq
/4.0.1/activemq-4.0.1.jar

Thanks
Anita

--- Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> It seems that there are some problems with our dependencies on
> activemq
> 4.0.1 in trunk.
>
> The first problem (with the activecluster jar) seems to be that the
> maven-metadata.xml is not correct on
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository .  It doesn't
> include an entry for the 4.0.1 version.
>
> The second problem (with the activemq jar) might be an error in our
> dependencies.  I don't see a 4.0.1 version of the activemq jar.  Is
> this
> supposed to be activemq-core jar?
>
> These are the errors I hit with a clean repo and a fresh checkout
> (rev.472130).
>

> [INFO]

> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]

> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> Missing:
> ----------
> 1) incubator-activemq:activecluster:jar:4.0.1
>
>    Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>
>    Then, install it using the command:
>        mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=incubator-activemq
> -DartifactId=activecluster \
>            -Dversion=4.0.1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
>
>    Path to dependency:
>          1)

org.apache.geronimo.configs:jetty-clustering-builder-wadi:car:1.2-SNAPSHOT
>          2) incubator-activemq:activecluster:jar:4.0.1
>
> 2) incubator-activemq:activemq:jar:4.0.1
>
>    Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>
>    Then, install it using the command:
>        mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=incubator-activemq
> -DartifactId=activemq \
>            -Dversion=4.0.1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
>
>    Path to dependency:
>          1)

org.apache.geronimo.configs:jetty-clustering-builder-wadi:car:1.2-SNAPSHOT
>          2) incubator-activemq:activemq:jar:4.0.1
>
> ----------
> 2 required artifacts are missing.
>
> for artifact:

org.apache.geronimo.configs:jetty-clustering-builder-wadi:car:1.2-SNAPSHOT

> from the specified remote repositories:
>    central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
>    apache.snapshots
> (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
>    codehaus (http://repository.codehaus.org),
>    apache-snapshots
> (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
>    codehaus-snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org)
>

> Thanks,
> Joe

Sponsored Link

For just $24.99/mo., Vonage offers unlimited local and long- distance calling.