Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by mi...@web.de on 2004/03/18 09:47:22 UTC

problems with actions

Hi all,

I am new to cocoon and trying to integrate an action in my application.
I am running cocoon (cocoon 2.0.4) on tomcat 4.1.21. i have j2sdk1.4 installed. My operating system is windows xp.
After including the action in sitemap.xmap as follows

<map:components>
<map:actions>
   <map:action name="date" src="com.logabit.cocoon.actions.ExampleDate"/>
</map:actions>
</map:components>

<map:pipeline>
<map:match pattern="date.html">
   <map:act type="date">
        <map:generate type="serverpages" src="samples/date.xsp"/>
        <map:transform type="xslt" src="samples/date2html.xsl"/>
        <map:serialize type="html"/>
   </map:act>
</map:match>
</map:pipeline>

and starting tomcat i am not able to start cocoon although it worked perfect before. Here is the error i get:

message Error in sitemap configuration : com.logabit.cocoon.actions.ExampleDate
description org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error in sitemap configuration : com.logabit.cocoon.actions.ExampleDate

when i try to compile the the action ExampleDate.java i get following errormessage:
Package org.apache.cocoon.environment not found,
Package org.apache.avalon.framework.parameters not found,
Package org.apache.cocoon.acting and much more.

I think I am missing some classes here which are needed, but i thought they come along with cocoon when I install cocoon. Where to get these packages and where to place them (in which directory)?

Thanks for you help!
Milena

AW: problems with actions

Posted by Marco Rolappe <m_...@web.de>.
hi milena,

I think the sitemap error message you get is caused by the action not being
compiled (correctly). to have the latter compile correctly I'd just add all
the .jar's from cocoon's WEB-INF/lib to your classpath.