Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by da...@infogenic.net on 2001/04/05 23:20:34 UTC

Ouch, Trying to just get started.

I just joined this list, and I'm trying to run the samples using Tomcat and
Apache on Linux.
I've followed as many of the instructions as I could, and I got the
servlets running at /soap.  I also got the getTemp client example working,
but the services deployment is what is driving me batty.  I'm assuming this
is something simple that I'm missing since I've only been playing with this
stuff for a couple hours.

The Command:
java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost/soap/servlet/rpcrouter list

The Output:
Ouch, the call failed:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:
  Fault String = java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

The deployment options give the same result.
Anyone have any ideas.  I imagine there could be a conflict with some XML
classes somewhere, but I don't know where to begin to look.

David Knape

Web Application Developer
Infogenic Systems
david@infogenic.net

Re: Ouch, Trying to just get started.

Posted by Anay Tamhankar <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
    Just added Xerces.jar as the first entry in the CLASSPATH of the server
u are running

cheers,

anay