Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Hines Family <wi...@earthlink.net> on 2005/05/01 00:49:37 UTC

Header rewriting and markup

I am running SpamAssassin on Fedora Core 2.  My version of SA is 3.0.3
and using it with Evolution 1.4.6 and I run spamd/spamc to speed things
up a bit.  My local.cf file has a line with the following:

rewrite_header Subject ****SPAM(_SCORE_)****

Now, when SPAM does come through, the filter does work and spams are
going to my SPAM folder, but there is no mark-up or subject-line
rewriting taking place, whatsoever.  I'm pleased the messages are
getting to where they need to go but I would like to have the mark-up
working again (the X-SPAM tag and so forth) as well.  I've run
spamassassin --debug --lint to make sure there's nothing nasty in my
configs and it doesn't complain about anything.  I know the local.cf is
being read because if I change my required_score up high enough in that
file, some spams get through and when I change it back down, they get
caught again.  Yes, every time I've changed anything I've sent HUP to
spamd to ensure the files are being re-read.  Has anyone else had this
problem and is there a fix?  Mark-up worked perfectly fine in earlier
versions but I've had no luck getting it to work since version 3.0.2
(I'm on 3.0.3 now).  Ideas?

Thanks!