Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by reshma_r <re...@ms.com> on 2010/07/15 23:10:37 UTC

log4net configuration not read when log4net assembly is deployed on a shared path

Hi

Scenario 1
I have log4net deployed on a share and am loading log4net from that share at
runtime in an application for logging. Log4net configuration is part of
application config file. When I run the application there is no error when
calling the log operation but the logs are not written to file.

Scenario 2
To troubleshoot I tried placing the log4net assembly in the application bin
folder and that works i.e. the logs are written to file.

Scenario 3
Also when I explicitly add the configuration file using the
XmlConfigurator.Configure API logs are written even when log4net is loaded
from the share. But l do not want to specify the configuration path i.e.
scenario 1, is that possible.

Thanks
reshma