Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Mehran Dashti <da...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/15 15:26:32 UTC

Problem running the default example source (Thrift LogicalType)

Hi,
I get the following error when running parquet reader-writer.cc example in
example folder of source code:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'parquet::ParquetException'
  what():  Arrow error: IOError: Metadata contains Thrift LogicalType that
is not recognized

This problem seems to be caused by arrow::utf8 type.
I have similar problem with timestamp type.

I get the library from centos epel.
Would you please provide the valid example of this source code or guide me
through a useful workaround?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Problem running the default example source (Thrift LogicalType)

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
hi,

I tried running the example locally

$ g++ reader-writer.cc -larrow -lparquet -isystem . -isystem
/home/wesm/local/include -L /home/wesm/local/lib
$ ./a.out
Parquet Writing and Reading Complete

Do you have multiple versions of the Arrow or Parquet libraries
installed on your system? If you can reproduce the issue in a
Dockerfile, it would be helpful