Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Josh Fenlason <jf...@ptc.com> on 2002/06/11 22:11:39 UTC

LDAP Authentication with Tomcat 4.1.3

I'm trying to do LDAP Authentication in Tomcat 4.1.3.  I found some a couple
of links that said to use LDAPRealm in Tomcat's server.xml, but I still
haven't had any luck.  Has anyone else been able to get this to work?  Here
are the two Realm elements that I've tried in server.xml.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
,
Josh.

<Realm className="com.peacetech.webtools.tomcat.LdapRealmCatalina"
    debug="1"
    directoryUrl = "ldap://corvette.mn.ptc.com:389"
    searchBindDN = "ou-jfenlason_r62DC,ou=jfenlason,l=Arden Hills,o=Bethel"
    searchBindCredentials = "mypassword"
    searchBaseContext = "o=PTC"
    searchFilter = "cn={0}"
    searchScopeAsString = "sub"
    securityAttributes = "securityEquals"
    attributesReadByOwner = "true"
    connectionMaxPoolSize = "10"
    ldapVersion = "3" />
<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.LDAPRealm"
    ldapContextFactory="com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory"
    ldapServer="ldap.corvette.mn.com"
    ldapPort="389"
    ldapDN="cn=%u,ou=jfenlason_r62DC,ou=jfenlason,l=Arden Hills,o=Bethel"
    ldapGroupContext="ou=jfenlason_r62DC,ou=jfenlason,l=Arden
Hills,o=Bethel"

ldapGroupFilter="(&amp;(uniquemember=%dn)(objectclass=groupOfUniqueNames))"
    ldapRoleAttribute="cn"
    debug="99" />