Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Al Hennessey <al...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/22 17:08:53 UTC

Containerising Storm

Hi
I am looking to containerise my storm setup so I can run it across services
like kubernetes or mesos. I can't find an official docker release and
wondering what you guys recommend or whether it's easier just to package
one myself.

Thanks for the help

Re: Containerising Storm

Posted by Xin Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi AI,

You can take a look at the `Container, Resource Management System
Integration` part in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-2209

Thanks,

Xin Wang (vesense)

> Maybe http://highscalability.com/blog/2016/4/25/the-joy-of-
> deploying-apache-storm-on-docker-swarm.html is also worth having a look
> at?
>
> With kind regards
>
> Samuel

RE: Containerising Storm

Posted by Sa...@swisscom.com.

RE: Containerising Storm

Re: Containerising Storm

Posted by Zachary Smith <tu...@temple.edu>.

Re: Containerising Storm

Posted by Ambud Sharma <as...@gmail.com>.

Re: Containerising Storm

Re: Containerising Storm

Posted by Paritosh Anand <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

There is an official image for Apache Storm available on Docker hub. You
can start by trying this image.

If you may, you can also try this image
https://hub.docker.com/r/kakapari/docker-storm/ this simply installs

1. Zookeeper v3.4.8
2. Storm nimbus v0.10.1
3. Storm supervisor with 2 workers.

It is easier if you go through the Dockerfile for these repo and you might
find easy to write your own as well.