Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Josh Ferguson <jo...@besquared.net> on 2008/12/02 07:02:20 UTC

Errors

So say I'm using some ruby code to shell out to hive for data loading
such as:

hive -e "LOAD ..."

What's the preferred method of detecting errors in this situation? Do
the failures return some sort of error codes that I could normally
catch or am I stuck doing parsing of the results? Also, is there a
preferred method for doing this straight in java?

Josh

Re: Errors

Posted by Zheng Shao <zs...@gmail.com>.
Yes, non-zero exit code means an error.