Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by William Chan <wi...@pathology.washington.edu> on 2007/03/06 22:32:27 UTC

[users@httpd] configure problem

I have httpd 2.2.3 running fine on a linux box. I always compiled my
httpd from source. Yesterday I tried to compile the new httpd (
ver 2.2.4 ) from source. Following is the error I got :
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache224 --enable-modules=all
--enable-ssl --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl --enable-so > /tmp/apacheconf
configure: error: Cannot use an external APR-util with the bundled APR

Any suggestions ?
--
William Chan
Pathology Computer Support

Re: [users@httpd] configure problem

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Once you have apr/apr-util installed on their own, it becomes necesary
to to continue to build/install those before building apache.

--with-apr and --with-apr-util are the toggles you are looking for,
they take a path to your installed apr[-util]