Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by James G Smith <JG...@TAMU.Edu> on 2002/08/27 20:14:01 UTC

Re: Change in module naming conventions

Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@oslo.online.no> wrote:
>What I came to was this:
>http://users.skynet.be/pereinar/mod-perl/modules.txt

Looks good, overall.

I like the Apache::Framework:: namespace :)

>Some questions I got which I'm not too sure of:
>- I originally had Apache::Auth::Authen, ::Authz and ::Access, but Robin
>Berjon told me he preferred to have the 4 as top-level namespaces. What do
>people think?

What's the difference between Apache::Auth and Apache::Authen ?  They
both seem to have authentication handlers.
--
James Smith <JG...@TAMU.Edu>, 979-862-3725
Texas A&M CIS Operating Systems Group, Unix

Re: Change in module naming conventions

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@oslo.online.no>.
At 20:14 27.08.2002, James G Smith wrote:
>Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@oslo.online.no> wrote:
> >What I came to was this:
> >http://users.skynet.be/pereinar/mod-perl/modules.txt
>
>Looks good, overall.
>
>I like the Apache::Framework:: namespace :)

same; just shows how many there are.

> >Some questions I got which I'm not too sure of:
> >- I originally had Apache::Auth::Authen, ::Authz and ::Access, but Robin
> >Berjon told me he preferred to have the 4 as top-level namespaces. What do
> >people think?
>
>What's the difference between Apache::Auth and Apache::Authen ?  They
>both seem to have authentication handlers.

There are modules that do Authen+Authz,  and some that incorporate general
functions related to authentication and authorization. These go into
::Auth. The Authentication handlers go into Authen, as well as other
modules *only* related to _authentication_.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
pereinar@oslo.online.no