Posted to api@openoffice.apache.org by Charles Gilbert <ho...@suddenlinkmail.com> on 2012/10/21 16:06:37 UTC

Loss of Export Types

I can't imagine who thought it would be a good idea to quietly kill all
the various file export filetypes for version 3.4. I had a very
important use for the RTF export, and the WinXP DOC export was just
about the only reasonable way to interchange files with the rest of the
world. I am having to revert to 3.3, and am very nervous about
continuing to use OO at all. Starting research to find a workable
alternative . . .

Re: Loss of Export Types

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Charles Gilbert
<ho...@suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
> I can't imagine who thought it would be a good idea to quietly kill all the
> various file export filetypes for version 3.4. I had a very important use
> for the RTF export, and the WinXP DOC export was just about the only
> reasonable way to interchange files with the rest of the world. I am having
> to revert to 3.3, and am very nervous about continuing to use OO at all.

Hi Charles,

Can you say a little more about what you are seeing (and not seeing)?
 OpenOffice 3.4.1 supports export to RTF and DOC.

-Rob