Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Vibhath Ileperuma <vi...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/05 13:12:57 UTC

Warnings printed when NIFI is starting

Hi All,

I tried to start NIFI binary downloaded from apache NIFI website, in a
linux environment in which java openjdk is installed. When I start the
NIFI, the following warnings are printed. These warnings are written in
nifi-boostrap.log file too.

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred

WARNING: Illegal reflective access by
org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.util.OSUtils
(file:/x01/vibhath/nifi-1.13.2/lib/bootstrap/nifi-bootstrap-1.13.2.jar) to
method java.lang.ProcessImpl.pid()

WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of
org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.util.OSUtils

WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal
reflective access operations

WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

When oracle jdk is used, no warnings are printed. Is this warings printed
because of openJDK? Could you please let me know the impact of these
warnings.

Is it possible to find an openJDK supported NIFI binary from the internet?
Or else, should we build NIFI from source?

I would be grateful if you could clarify my doubts.

*Best Regards,*

*Vibhath*

Re: Warnings printed when NIFI is starting

Posted by Vibhath Ileperuma <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you David and Cristiano.
We are currently using openjdk11 and we can't change the version.

Any idea, arround when the next release will be released.

Best Regards,
Vibhath.

Posted by David Handermann <ex...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vibhath,