Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by boris <bs...@eunet.yu> on 2006/08/10 18:23:06 UTC

Problem with SA deployment

Hi,

since I compiled the last version of SM-core from SVN, I'm not able to
deploy my Service Asembly any more. The problem:

"The JBI descriptor is not valid, please correct these violations [The jbi
descriptor does not contain any informations]"

With the SM-core version that I've used before, everything was running fine.
The method "checkDescriptor" in class "DescriptorFactory" has some new
features!!! Could you check it?

Many thanks,

boris
Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Problem with SA deployment

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Well, I had the same problem after I added the validation checks ;)

Posted by boris <bs...@eunet.yu>.

Re: Pure JBI Compliant component

Posted by Soumadeep-Infravio <so...@infravio.com>.
Thanks, let me work on it and will file a JIRA.

Best regards
Soumadeep
Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
On 8/11/06, Soumadeep-Infravio <so...@infravio.com> wrote:

> Guillaume/All
>
> Can we develop a fully JBI compliant component which has no direct
> reference
> to Servicemix libs? So that components can be deployed in any JBI
> container.
> Specially, using SMX tools to generate component stubs.

ServiceMix components created using servicemix-common use a Shared Library.
(this SL has been recently renamed to servicemix-shared).   Shared Libraries
are pre-requisite for installing the JBI component and  will be part of the
component class loader.  This library currently does not include
servicemix-core
where most of the ServiceMix specific classes are, but I had already planned
put it in servicemix-shared.  This won't affect the current deployment if we
take
care of specifiying the right class loader delegation (when deployed in
ServiceMix,
the components should use the container classes instead of the ones in
servicemix-shared).  This would allow all ServiceMix standard JBI components
to be
deployed in any JBI container.
Please raise a JIRA and provide a patch ;)

And secondly, can this component be deployed in SMX?

If you deploy a component which solely relies on the JBI spec, you won't
have any
problem  in using it.  There are already a few components which do this
(see
http://servicemix.goopen.org/site/components.html#Components-ExternalstandardJBIcomponents
)

Thanks