Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by "energumen@buaa.edu.cn" <en...@buaa.edu.cn> on 2006/02/22 02:57:47 UTC

Could not create an Appender. (Class 'org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender' not found)

hello,all :
    My log4cxx version is 0.9.7,and when i linked my program with dynamic library, it worked fine.
    But i changed to linking with static log4cxx, i get the info listed below:
	Could not create an Appender. Reported error follows.
	Class 'org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender' not found

	I googled and got some advise below:
	1/ by not using default configuration and doing an explicit configuration sometime after all the static initializers have completed  . (But I don't know how)
	2/ try using 0.9.8 (but some user of 0.9.8 got the same bug too, and i am trying ,too)

	any good suggestion?
	thanks in advance