Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Ali, Waqar" <WA...@nyandcompany.com> on 2007/10/05 15:42:58 UTC

Tomcat Deployment

Hello Tomcat gurus:

I'm new to Tomcat/Java and want to deploy a java program as a web
service to  Tomcat/Axis. I started to learn the deployment by using the
JWS deployment first and it  worked fine:
	copy .java as .jws to \Tomcat 6.0\webapps\axis folder
	copy .class in \Tomcat 6.0\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\jwsClasses
folder

Then I started to look into WSDD deployment and it worked too:
	copy .class to \Tomcat 6.0\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\classes
	create deploy.wsdd file
	execute: c:\> java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient
deploy.wsdd

But all these were simple deployments involving just one java
class/program. What I need  is to deploy a little more complex java app.
I dont know much about java and I coded  this program by seeing the API
examples from the supported docs and I cant tweak the  code files and I
have to deploy in the way I have coded and it is working.

class files:
	com\cybershift\apps\wfm3\sample\UpdatedWS.class

com\cybershift\server\layer\wfm3service\constants\WFM3Attributes.class
lib:
	weblogic.jar
	wfm3ServiceClient.jar
	wfm3ServiceClientSample.jar

I tried coping them at different places in the tomcat folder but nothing
seems to be  working. Could you please please tell me exactly where to
place these file to make it  work.

I'm using:
- JDK 1.6
- Axis 1.4
- Tomcat 6

Thanks in advance.

-Waqar

delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or
use of this information by a person other than the intended
recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal.