Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dhanny Kosasih <dh...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/31 09:08:51 UTC

Personal Bayes Score

Hi,
   I installed qmail (only for smtp proxy) + spamassassin (userpref,
bayes, awl store in mySQL). I use spamd and spamc to scan every email,
but how can spamc scan email with personal configuration after scan
with global configuration ?
I want my user can configure bayesian, userpref, or awl for him self
via web base, how can i do this ?

This is the architecture :
email <--> qmail (proxy) <--> qmail <--> inbox
OS : Redhat Fedora Core 3
SpamAssassin 3.0.4
MySQL

Regards,
Dankos.

Re: Personal Bayes Score

Posted by Robert Menschel <Ro...@Menschel.net>.
Hello Dhanny,

Sunday, July 31, 2005, 12:08:51 AM, you wrote:

DK> Hi,
DK>    I installed qmail (only for smtp proxy) + spamassassin (userpref,
DK> bayes, awl store in mySQL). I use spamd and spamc to scan every email,
DK> but how can spamc scan email with personal configuration after scan
DK> with global configuration ?

Do you need two scans, global then personal?  Or will one scan, global
with personal overrides, do?  SA is designed to do the latter.

You need to have qmail (or the equivalent) identify which user the
email is being delivered to, and call spamd/spamc specifying that
user's id. Then spamc will automatically grab the system configs, the
user's user_prefs, bayes, and awl, and apply that combination to the
scan.

I don't know to what extent that's possible with qmail, but that's the
point at which the userid needs to be identified and passed to spamd.

Bob Menschel