Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Leggio, Andrew" <An...@mbia.com> on 2015/04/08 19:43:31 UTC

Configure Tomcat 7 using Apache 2.4.6

I am trying to get tomcat to work under Apache.  I have verified that tomcat is listening on port 8009.

I tried doing the following:
Apache Web Server Settings
Add the following to the /etc/httpd/conf.d/proxy_ajp.conf file or if that file does not exist you can add it to the end of the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file instead:

<IfModule mod_proxy_ajp.c>
  ProxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009/
</IfModule>

Once I put this in my html pages will not render:
[cid:image001.png@01D07202.009EC2D0]

What am I doing wrong?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Andrew J. Leggio | MBIA Services Corporation | Assistant Vice President | Phone * (914) 765-3206 | Fax * (914) 765-3095 | * Andrew.Leggio@mbia.com<ma...@mbia.com>

This e-mail, including any attachments, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified any dissemination, distribution or copying of any part of this e-mail is strictly prohibited; please contact the sender and permanently delete the original and any copies of it.

Re: Configure Tomcat 7 using Apache 2.4.6

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Leggio, Andrew wrote:
> I am trying to get tomcat to work under Apache.  I have verified that tomcat is listening on port 8009.
>
> I tried doing the following:
> Apache Web Server Settings
> Add the following to the /etc/httpd/conf.d/proxy_ajp.conf file or if that file does not exist you can add it to the end of the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file instead:
>
> <IfModule mod_proxy_ajp.c>
>   ProxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009/
> </IfModule>
>
> Once I put this in my html pages will not render:
> [cid:image001.png@01D07202.009EC2D0]
>
> What am I doing wrong?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Andrew, you are really not providing enough information for anyone to be able to help.
Your inline image did not make it to the forum, so we have really no idea what result you
are trying to show us.
Nor do we know if your Apache httpd configuration is correct.  The configuration lines
above are not all that you need to do in order to properly load and run the mod_proxy_ajp
connector module in Apache httpd.
I don't know exactly on which kind of OS platform you are running this, but it kinda looks
like RedHat or similar.  For a start, as user root, try entering the command "a2enmod" and
paste here what it displays.
Also tell us what is the content of the Tomcat webapps/ROOT/ directory.

Re: Configure Tomcat 7 using Apache 2.4.6

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: Configure Tomcat 7 using Apache 2.4.6

Posted by "Leggio, Andrew" <An...@mbia.com>.
Andy,
    Thank you for responding.  I changed the mod_proxy_ajp.c to mod_proxy_ajp.so which is the module that is being loaded.  Now my html pages are rendering fine; however, when I go the jsp pages it's not even putting an entry in the tomcat access log.
     Any ideas?

    Andy

Andrew J. Leggio | MBIA Services Corporation | Assistant Vice President | Phone P (914) 765-3206 | Fax ( (914) 765-3095 |   Andrew.Leggio@mbia.com

On 04/08/2015 12:43 PM, Leggio, Andrew wrote:
> I am trying to get tomcat to work under Apache.  I have verified that
> tomcat is listening on port 8009.
>
> I tried doing the following:
>
> *Apache Web Server Settings*
>
> Add the following to the */etc/httpd/conf.d/proxy_ajp.conf* file or if
> that file does not exist you can add it to the end of the
> */etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf* file instead:
>
> <IfModule mod_proxy_ajp.c>
>
>    ProxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009/
>
> </IfModule>

Did you actually load the mod_proxy_ajp module?
Given the directory structure of the configuration files you're likely using a distribution bundled apache httpd.  Given that you'd probably get a bit more help from the resources for that distribution.  But it's most likely that you need to ensure that the module is loaded.

Andy

Posted by Andy Wang <aw...@ptc.com>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.