Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/24 17:06:55 UTC

[DISCUSS] Enable Github Discussions on Apache Airflow Github Repo

Hi all,

I know most of us might have already heard or read about Github Discussions
<https://github.blog/2020-05-06-new-from-satellite-2020-github-codespaces-github-discussions-securing-code-in-private-repositories-and-more/>
.

I noticed Apache Couchdb has been already using it:
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/discussions

Thought we could also it for the Airflow community.

What do you all think? If most of us agree I will raise an Issue with
Apache INFRA team to enable it for us.

Regards,
Kaxil

Re: [DISCUSS] Enable Github Discussions on Apache Airflow Github Repo

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.
users@ list has virtually no traffic/subscribers - most of the discussions
are on slack (but it's both devel and users). I am also in favour of moving
to Github Discussions. The only potential "problem" is that users might not
be on Github - but I think it's a small barrier.

--

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>

Re: [DISCUSS] Enable Github Discussions on Apache Airflow Github Repo

Posted by Ry Walker <ry...@rywalker.com>.

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.

--

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>

Re: [DISCUSS] Enable Github Discussions on Apache Airflow Github Repo

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deng Xiaodong <xd...@gmail.com>.