Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Laurie Young <la...@wildfalcon.com> on 2002/02/27 10:03:08 UTC

HELP - Must get Apache talkign to Tomcat

HI everyone

I need to get apache+mod_ssl talking to tomcat. And i'm havinga night mare
of problems that I can't seem to sort.

Mod_webapp will let apache+mod_ssl connect to servlets in tomcat, but
keeps dogin stupid things to the SSL connection (suddently making the
browser change from an HTTPS request to an HTTP request). Nor does it
appear to support sending envirnment variables to tomcat. Not that I can
be certain on this, if anyone knows of any actual documentation for
mod_webapp please let me know.

mod_jk connecting though a AJP13 connector sounds like it does everything
I need. I managed to get mod_jk loaded into apache. But if tomcat 4.0
complains about
Catalina.start: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Connector

If I try downloading Tomcat 4.0.2 then it just plain doesn't work
I run startup.sh and get

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /homes/laurie/iceni/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.2
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /homes/laurie/iceni/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.2
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /homes/laurie/iceni/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.2/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       /homes/laurie/bin/jdk1.3.1_01

But the server itself never starts, and nothing gets written to any of the
logs!

I realy need to get this working - please help.

Laurie

              Laurie Robert Young
laurie@wildfalcon.com  |       laurie@doc.ic.ac.uk
www.wildfalcon.com     |  www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~laurie