Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Gurmit Teotia <gu...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/30 16:27:11 UTC

How to pass different search strings to search fields in edismax parser?

I have a following query which works as expected using edismax

q=Golden Door
qf=book_title^7 book_description^2 tags^1.2
pf=book_title~2^6 book_description~125^2

However I want to pass different search strings to search fields and also
give "query field" boost and "phrase field" boost along with it but I'm not
sure what is the correct syntax to make such  query. e.g I want to search
"Golder Door" on "book_title" and "Suspense Golder Door" to
book_description fields while keeping the query and phrase boost. e.g.
something like below

q=book_title:Golder Door book_description:Suspense Golden Door tags:Golden
Door
qf=book_title^7 book_description^2 tags^1.2
pf=book_title~2^6 book_description~125^2

Thank you for the help.

GS