Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com> on 2000/08/02 00:48:55 UTC

Re: [seriously] Going on vacation

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> before I go, I'd like to compliment all of you for the _INCREDIBLE_ work
> you all have being doing so far. It's been an incredible pleasure to
> work with such an great group of people on such great technology.
>
> While I'm not around, I would love if you guys could manage to finish
> those things that need administration efforts:
>
> 1) complete the voting procedure for Ross and Jeremy and ask Brian to
> create the new accounts with sufficient karma to access xml-cocoon

we got three votes for these guys, yes? if so, i'll try to start the
machinery.

> 2) do the Cocoon 1.8 release (I think we are pretty much in shape....
> maybe some better docs on FP and connection pooling wouldn't hurt)

anyone have any outstanding issues here? is there a committer with windows
who's willing to regenerate the site? (looks funny when i do it on linux)

- donald

Re: [seriously] Going on vacation

Posted by Ross Burton <ro...@mail.com>.
> > 1) complete the voting procedure for Ross and Jeremy and ask Brian to
> > create the new accounts with sufficient karma to access xml-cocoon
>
> we got three votes for these guys, yes? if so, i'll try to start the
> machinery.

Thanks.

> > 2) do the Cocoon 1.8 release (I think we are pretty much in shape....
> > maybe some better docs on FP and connection pooling wouldn't hurt)
>
> anyone have any outstanding issues here? is there a committer with windows
> who's willing to regenerate the site? (looks funny when i do it on linux)

I've found that Stylebook under Sun's JDK 1.2 for Linux looked terrible, but
with IBMs JDK 1.3 for Linux the fonts seemed as good as than the Windows
equivalent, possibly better.  It seems that Sun/Blackdown screwed up the
font selection code (I could also only use about 70% of my installed fonts
in Java) whereas IBM got it right.

Ross

Re: [seriously] Going on vacation

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
At 18:48 -0400 01/08/00, Donald Ball wrote:
>On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>> 1) complete the voting procedure for Ross and Jeremy and ask Brian to
>> create the new accounts with sufficient karma to access xml-cocoon
>
>we got three votes for these guys, yes? if so, i'll try to start the
>machinery.

Great, I hope to get some more work done on FP this weekend, don't hold the
dist though .....

>> 2) do the Cocoon 1.8 release (I think we are pretty much in shape....
>> maybe some better docs on FP and connection pooling wouldn't hurt)
>
>anyone have any outstanding issues here?

The only issue I know of, is the broken distribution of Xerces 1.1.2.
Some of the MakeFiles were not updated with new source files, a couple of
classes like RevalidatingDOMParser are missing.

> is there a committer with windows
>who's willing to regenerate the site? (looks funny when i do it on linux)

can't help there

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre