Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Leif Nelson <ln...@llnl.gov> on 2004/12/06 17:37:25 UTC

up2date/yum like plugin management

Hi all-

I saw the updated plugin releases recently, and was wondering if there
are any tools out there that act like RedHat's up2date or the yum tools
to maintain maven plugins.  It sure would be nice to be able to do some
kind of "maven update-plugins" or something that would get the latest
released plugin versions.  Does something like this exist?  It seems
like all the info is available to discern what the "latest" version of a
plugin might be and compare to what's installed.  I've seen posts that
talk about making sure dependent plugins are updated, but I haven't seen
anything more general to manage all installed plugins and dynamically
figure out what the latest is.

Thanks,
--Leif

Re: up2date/yum like plugin management

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 08:37, Leif Nelson wrote:
> Hi all-
>
> I saw the updated plugin releases recently, and was wondering if there
> are any tools out there that act like RedHat's up2date or the yum tools
> to maintain maven plugins.  It sure would be nice to be able to do some
> kind of "maven update-plugins" or something that would get the latest
> released plugin versions.  Does something like this exist?

For maven2 where we have richer plugin metadata and wagon this type of
functionality will be possible. Michal and Brett are working on cleaning
up Wagon so that Brett can using Wagon in m1 instead of the existing
artifact code (which is just an older version of wagon, Michal's first
incarnation in fact).

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl