Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Przemek Wiśniewski <pr...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/20 14:18:05 UTC

Documentation

Hello

Is there any sensible documentation on POI? I am looking for something
more than javadoc and FAQ. Having a real book would be great.

Best regards
Przemek Wiśniewski

Re: Documentation

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, Rainer Klute (Rainer Klute IT-Consulting GmbH) wrote:
> I wonder what is missing in the HPSF documentation so that you don't
> mention it here...

Nothing! Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the other subprojects didn't
have good documentation. I just picked two at random as examples, as we
have too many subprojects with good documentation to list them all :)

Nick

Re: Documentation

Posted by "Rainer Klute (Rainer Klute IT-Consulting GmbH)" <kl...@rainer-klute.de>.
Nick Burch schrieb:
> Some of the projects have a fair bit of documentation in their
> subsite, eg:
>     http://poi.apache.org/hssf/index.html
>     http://poi.apache.org/hlsf/index.html

I wonder what is missing in the HPSF documentation so that you don't
mention it here...

Best regards
Rainer Klute

                           Rainer Klute IT-Consulting GmbH
  Dipl.-Inform.
  Rainer Klute             E-Mail:  klute@rainer-klute.de
  Körner Grund 24          Telefon: +49 172 2324824
D-44143 Dortmund           Telefax: +49 231 5349423

OpenPGP fingerprint: E4E4386515EE0BED5C162FBB5343461584B5A42E

Re: Documentation

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, Przemek Wi?niewski wrote:
> Is there any sensible documentation on POI? I am looking for something
> more than javadoc and FAQ. Having a real book would be great.

There are quite a few news articles / tutorials on using POI linked on the
site:
 	http://poi.apache.org/news.html

Some of the projects have a fair bit of documentation in their subsite,
eg:
 	http://poi.apache.org/hssf/index.html
 	http://poi.apache.org/hlsf/index.html

For some areas, we have good example code:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/src/examples/src/org/apache/poi/

Finally, check out the unit tests, as we ought to have use cases for most
of our code there:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/src/testcases/org/apache/poi/
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/src/scratchpad/testcases/org/apache/poi/

Nick