Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Bjørn T Johansen <bt...@havleik.no> on 2008/10/24 13:15:04 UTC

Upgrade svn repository from 1.4.6 to 1.5.4?

As far as I can see, the only thing I need to do to update, is to just compile and install 1.5.4, then it will work?
Or do I need to do more?

Regards,

BTJ

Bjørn T Johansen

btj@havleik.no

Re: Upgrade svn repository from 1.4.6 to 1.5.4?

Posted by Bjørn T Johansen <bt...@havleik.no>.
On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 09:45:15 -0400
"Andy Levy" <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 09:15, Bjørn T Johansen <bt...@havleik.no> wrote:
> > As far as I can see, the only thing I need to do to update, is to just compile and install 1.5.4, then it will work?
> > Or do I need to do more?
>
> If you're using FSFS, yes, it should work after that. However, you
> really ought to read the release notes.
> http://subversion.tigris.org/svn_1.5_releasenotes.html#repos-upgrades
>
> Note that if you don't do a dump/load cycle you'll need to do some
> extra work to reap the full benefits of 1.5 on your server.
>
> If you use BDB, a dump/load cycle isn't a bad idea and may even be
> required (I don't keep track of BDB, so there may have been some
> improvements here). http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#dumpload

Yes, we are using FSFS so it means that I need to do a "svnadmin upgrade" (and perhaps svn-populate-node-origins-index)
and that's it...
Any reason to do a dump and load cycle instead or will the outcome be the same?

BTJ

Re: Upgrade svn repository from 1.4.6 to 1.5.4?

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.