Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2007/08/08 20:41:20 UTC

Correction Re: [DISCUSS] JPA 2.0 expert group representation

I made a typo in the message that follows. Please note the correction.

On Aug 7, 2007, at 6:05 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:

> Does the OpenJPA community want Apache to have representation on
> the JPA 2.0 EG?
>
> Yes, Apache voted no on JSR 317 on the principle that the proposed
> Specification Lead is in violation of the JSPA by not offering a
> TCK license without FOU restrictions for Java EE 5. But the OpenJPA
> community can decide to try to influence the specification that
> directly affects us.

The issue is with the TCK (JCK) license without FOU restrictions for
Java SE 5, not Java EE 5.

There are no issues with the TCK license for Java EE 5.

Sorry for the confusion.

Craig