Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Jeanna Geier <jg...@apt-cafm.com> on 2006/09/05 18:03:17 UTC

Error: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Hi I'm having some problems connecting to a Slide client and would appreciate any help you could offer. I'm a newbie here, so please bear with me.

Here's what I've done:

Created a keystore:
>keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA
and entered info for certificate - name on certificate: localhost

Imported a Verisign trial certificate:
>keytool -import -alias root -keystore .keystore -trustcacerts -file CA_Certificate.cert

Imported new certificate:
>keytool -import -alias tomcat -keystore .keystore -trustcacerts -file CA_Certificate.cert

Exported certificate to file:
>keytool -export -alias tomcat -file server.crt

Imported the certificate into the Java security cacerts file:
>keytool -import -alias root -file server.crt -keystore C:\Java\jdk1.5.0_06\jre\lib\security\cacerts

>keytool -import -alias tomcat -file server.crt -keystore C:\Java\jdk1.5.0_06\jre\lib\security\cacerts

When I open Internet Explorer and log in: "https://localhost/slide", I get the certificate (as expected) and when I click <yes> I am able to log into Slide.

When I attempt to log in using the Slide client, I run into problems.

C:\jakarta-slide-webdavclient-bin-2.1\bin>run.bat
[ Slide ] $ open https://localhost/slide/
connect https://localhost/slide/
Error: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
[ Slide ] $

Any ideas? Most everywhere I looked suggested adding the certificate to the Java security store, which I've done, or verify that the name on the certificate is "localhost" (which it is) to fix the problem.... I've been working on this for almost a week with no luck, so any help you could give would be greatly appreciated!!
-Jeanna