Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Bryan Zarnett <bz...@mac.com> on 2003/06/03 21:13:58 UTC

-D and Maven

Afternoon,

In Maven, what is the best approach to pass the -D parameters down the tube so that Log4j and the classes it calls get the details? I am currently using the J2SE Logging in my code and have a custom logging properties file I want to set.

I need to do a -Djava.util.logging.config.file=XXXX to Maven for my tests to pick this up. (or something to that extent)

Thanks for any info.

Cheers,
Bryan

Re: -D and Maven

Posted by dIon Gillard <di...@multitask.com.au>.
Is the property listed in the maven.junit.sysproperties property?

They're the only ones passed to junit's test runners.

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

Re: -D and Maven

Posted by Brett Porter <bp...@f2network.com.au>.

dIon Gillard wrote:
> Bryan Zarnett wrote:
>
>> Afternoon,
>> In Maven, what is the best approach to pass the -D parameters down the
>> tube so that Log4j and the classes it calls get the details? I am
>> currently using the J2SE Logging in my code and have a custom logging
>> properties file I want to set.
>> I need to do a -Djava.util.logging.config.file=XXXX to Maven for my
>> tests to pick this up. (or something to that extent)
>> Thanks for any info.
>

> maven -Djava.util.logging.config.file=XXXX
>
> should do the trick, or am I missing something here?
>
> Oh, and if it's just maven stuff, see us over on the maven mailing lists...

--
Web Developer
f2 network ~ everything essential

Re: -D and Maven