Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/23 22:02:48 UTC

Help with task: Groovydoc improved comment extraction

I would like to help out with the task listed at
https://helpwanted.apache.org/task.html?6afc5096

I've only briefly explored the code, but it seems to
me SimpleGroovyClassDocAssembler#getJavaDocCommentsBeforeNode() is called
with the ANTLR 2.7.7 parsers JavaRecognizer and GroovyRecognizer which
produce org.codehaus.groovy.antlr.GroovySourceAST trees.

Parrot will produce org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ASTNode trees.

So the issue isn't just about changing getJavaDocCommentsBeforeNode and
using the comment node (assuming we have EXTRACTING_DOC_COMMENT_ENABLED).

SimpleGroovyClassDocAssembler must more or less be rewritten for the Parrot
parser.

--emi

Re: Help with task: Groovydoc improved comment extraction

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
Ah, yes I had forgotten about that when I wrote the ticket. I'll rework the
ticket in a little while.

Cheers, Paul.