Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Farid Hamjavar <ha...@unm.edu> on 2009/04/13 17:54:49 UTC

Removal of (or disable) /admin for the user manager

Tomcat 5.5.23 on Linux

Hello,

I have a question in reference to Tomcat's
Tomcat Manager's default page 'Tomcat Web Application Manager'

When I log in, as user 'manager'  to that page   I like to either:

1) remove the row '/admin' all together,

2) if I can not do that, I at least like to
prevent the ability to do any of the actions
mentioned in the 'commands'  column (start/stop ,etc,etc).

Is there an easy way (if at all) to achieve this?

Thank you,
Farid

Re: Removal of (or disable) /admin for the user manager

Posted by Farid Hamjavar <ha...@unm.edu>.
On 04/13/2009 10:30 AM, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Farid Hamjavar [mailto:hamjavar@unm.edu]
>> Subject: Removal of (or disable) /admin for the user manager
>>
>> 1) remove the row '/admin' all together,
>>
>> 2) if I can not do that, I at least like to
>> prevent the ability to do any of the actions
>> mentioned in the 'commands'  column (start/stop ,etc,etc).
>
> Do you want to eliminate the admin webapp completely, or just prevent its manipulation via the manager webapp?
Either would be fine.

> Since access to the manager webapp is already controlled, what purpose does this serve?

Tomcat default users 'admin' and 'manager' are different entities and
I just don't think person who logs in as 'manager' to manage one or more
webapps  should  also be able to shutdown the server
as is the default case.

Farid

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.