Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Norman Schöneich <sc...@ecooperate.de> on 2001/06/11 16:22:04 UTC

Portlet Parameters ???

Any idea, how i can get the portlet-specific parameters from a users
PSML-file ?

I tried to change the CustomizePortlet, where all PortletEntries are
retrieved by the
method getUsersPortlets( data, usersHTMLPortlets, MimeType.HTML ) ;
like:

  Entry entry = ( Entry )usersHTMLPortlets.elementAt( i );
  org.apache.jetspeed.om.registry.peer.Parameter[] parameters =
pEntry.getParameter();
  for ( int p=0; p<parameters.length; p++ ) {
    Log.note( "CustomizePortlet: parameter: Name:" +
parameters[p].getName( ) );
    Log.note( "CustomizePortlet: parameter: Type:" +
parameters[p].getType( ) );
    Log.note( "CustomizePortlet: parameter: Value:" +
parameters[p].getValue( ) );
  }

I only get the portlet-specific parameters from the
jetspeed-config.jcfg-file, not from the users psml-file.

What's wrong ?

I use Jetspeed 1.3a1. Maybe it's not supported in this version, or ?

Re: AW: Portlet Parameters ???

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@networks.groupvu.com>.
Norman Schöneich wrote:

> Thanks Raphaël !
>
> What's about the new release ? Is there any release date planned for ?

ASAP. ie when we're sufficiently confident in the stability of the newly
committed features and that documentation is updated.
Any help appreciated to make this happen faster :)

> One question. Does the new release of the portlet API handles persistence to
> RDBMS
> rather than to filesystem. What's about Castor JDO, Jetspeed uses Castor XML
> anyway.
> I'm able to personalize portlets with the new version ?

For RDBMS persistence: not yet, see last week thread on "PSMLManager" on
jetspeed-user for more information on my ideas. Castor JDO is defnitely
something I'd like to see for PSML and registry.

For customization, in the latest CVS, I expanded the registry markup to
allow simple parameter description and use a default PortletCustomizer
for customizing these params. You can test it out by logging on the
default webapp as the 'turbine' user.
Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris

AW: Portlet Parameters ???

> Any idea, how i can get the portlet-specific parameters from a users
> PSML-file ?
>
> I tried to change the CustomizePortlet, where all PortletEntries are
> retrieved by the
> method getUsersPortlets( data, usersHTMLPortlets, MimeType.HTML ) ;
> like:
>
>   Entry entry = ( Entry )usersHTMLPortlets.elementAt( i );
>   org.apache.jetspeed.om.registry.peer.Parameter[] parameters =
> pEntry.getParameter();
>   for ( int p=0; p<parameters.length; p++ ) {
>     Log.note( "CustomizePortlet: parameter: Name:" +
> parameters[p].getName( ) );
>     Log.note( "CustomizePortlet: parameter: Type:" +
> parameters[p].getType( ) );
>     Log.note( "CustomizePortlet: parameter: Value:" +
> parameters[p].getValue( ) );
>   }
>
> I only get the portlet-specific parameters from the
> jetspeed-config.jcfg-file, not from the users psml-file.
>
> What's wrong ?
>
> I use Jetspeed 1.3a1. Maybe it's not supported in this version, or ?

I strongly suggest you to try the latest CVS if you want to experiment
with customization. You have a lot more tools to implement the portlet
customization (and a default portlet parameters customizer).

There's still some work to do with the customizer called by the Customize

link, but we'll tackle this before release.

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris

Re: Portlet Parameters ???

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@networks.groupvu.com>.