Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Torsten Römer <to...@luniks.net> on 2007/04/17 01:40:55 UTC

Struts2, Tiles2 and Container Managed Security

I am trying to use Container managed security with Struts2 and Tiles2.

I created a Tiles definition called "loginTiles" for the login page, and
in my package called "page" with namespace "/page", I have the following
action:

<action name="*" >
  <result type="tiles">{1}Tiles</result>
</action>

I am using this action as <form-login-page> and <form-error-page> in
web.xml:

<form-login-config>
  <form-login-page>/page/login.action</form-login-page>
  <form-error-page>/page/login.action</form-error-page>
</form-login-config>

Now, when I try to access some protected resource, the Container managed
security is requesting the right action, but I get a HTTP 404 error.
If I request the same action direcly from the browser, the login page
comes up fine.

As far as I understand, Container managed security is applied before the
struts2 filter, so when it requests the <form-login-page>, the filter
should "resolve" it, right?

Probably I got this wrong? How can I solve this?

Torsten

Re: Struts2, Tiles2 and Container Managed Security

Posted by Torsten Römer <to...@luniks.net>.
I still haven't got this to work and I am starting to wonder: Am I too
dumb or is it at all possible to refer to an action or a Tiles
definition in <form-login-config>?

In Struts1 apps I can put a .do action in there - what is the difference
to Struts2? Is it the S1 ActionServlet vs. the S2 filter?

Torsten