Posted to users@maven.apache.org by bartvdc <ba...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/20 10:40:27 UTC

snapshot not updated when team member installs project

We had an issue here with maven 2.
I deployed a project with a snapshot version and a team member did not get
the update when he builds another project that has this project as
dependency, not even with -U . We found out that it was because he did an
install of the same project after I deployed it. He had not changed
anything, so the version part did not change.
On the repo we had a -20080516... and in his local repo there was a
-20080514... file.
Apparently Maven does not look at the file names(the -20080516... part) but
keeps the install time elsewhere.
If the deployed file comes before the the install time, no update is done.
The project must be deleted in his local repo to get the latest version.

Is this an expected behaviour, or did we miss some configuration?

Bart