Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Simon B <si...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/30 12:49:05 UTC

IAjaxIndicatorAware AjaxBehavior for csv download

Hello,

First thanks very much for Wicket I'm still enjoying using it even after
several years.

I'm trying to show a "Please Wait" message while my server gets all the
information for a csv file download.

The dowload (AjaxDownloadBehavior) works fine and is implemented as an
AbstractAjaxBehavior using this posting as a template:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/AJAX+update+and+file+download+in+one+blow

The csv file download is initalized from an AjaxSubmitLink which I've made
IAjaxIndicatorAware to show the "Please Wait" message.

The problem is that the Indicator only shows for the duration of the
AjaxSubmitLink to return, the AjaxDownloadBehavior is run asynchronously and
completes several seconds after the AjaxSubmitLink has returned and the
indicator disappeared.

How can I work the Indicator to show while the AjaxDownloadBehavior is still
running and disappear when the users browse brings up the "Save File" dialog
box.

Any help much appreciated.

--
Sent from: http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Users-forum-f1842947.html

Re: IAjaxIndicatorAware AjaxBehavior for csv download

Posted by Kamil Paśko <ka...@solsoft.pl>.
I think he maent: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-6448
together with: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-6460

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Since Wicket-8 you can use AjaxDownloadBehavior

I believe it should be more ajax friendly ...

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 7:49 PM, Simon B <si...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> First thanks very much for Wicket I'm still enjoying using it even after
> several years.
>
> I'm trying to show a "Please Wait" message while my server gets all the
> information for a csv file download.
>
> The dowload (AjaxDownloadBehavior) works fine and is implemented as an
> AbstractAjaxBehavior using this posting as a template:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/
> AJAX+update+and+file+download+in+one+blow
>
> The csv file download is initalized from an AjaxSubmitLink which I've made
> IAjaxIndicatorAware to show the "Please Wait" message.
>
> The problem is that the Indicator only shows for the duration of the
> AjaxSubmitLink to return, the AjaxDownloadBehavior is run asynchronously
> and
> completes several seconds after the AjaxSubmitLink has returned and the
> indicator disappeared.
>
> How can I work the Indicator to show while the AjaxDownloadBehavior is
> still
> running and disappear when the users browse brings up the "Save File"
> dialog
> box.
>
> Any help much appreciated.
>

> --