Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Martijn Lindhout <ml...@jointeffort.nl> on 2008/03/19 20:48:54 UTC

Relaying doesn't work

Hi all,

I started using James for development purposes. I want James to behave as a
relaying server. It is installed on the same machine as the software that
sends mail to James, so I edit the <authorizedAdresses> to include the
network of the machine.

Now, when I send mail, everything goes fine, no errors in one of the log
files, but the mail sent ends up in the 'outgoing' folder, and it doesn't
get relayed.

What's wrong?

here's the smtp-part of my config (I stripped some comments):

   <smtpserver enabled="true">
      <!-- port 25 is the well-known/IANA registered port for SMTP -->
      <port>25</port>

      <handler>
         <helloName autodetect="true">myMailServer</helloName>
         <connectiontimeout>360000</connectiontimeout>

<!-- CHECKME! -->
         <!--  Uncomment this if you want to authorize specific
addresses/networks.
               If you use SMTP AUTH, addresses that match those specified
here will
               be permitted to relay without SMTP AUTH.  If you do not use
SMTP
               AUTH, and you specify addreses here, then only addresses that
match
               those specified will be permitted to relay.

               Addresses may be specified as a an IP address or domain name,
with an
               optional netmask, e.g.,

               127.*, 127.0.0.0/8, 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0, and localhost/8 are
all the same

               See also the RemoteAddrNotInNetwork matcher in the transport
processor.
               You would generally use one OR the other approach.
         -->
         <authorizedAddresses>192.168.2.0/24, 127.0.0.0/8
</authorizedAddresses>

         <!-- SMTP Handler Chain customization -->
         <!-- Uncomment this and edit
james-smtphandlerchain.xmlconfiguration file to -->
         <!-- enable the experimental fastfail features. Look at the
james-smtphandlerchain.xml -->
         <!-- for further informations -->
         <!--
         &smtphandlerchainConfig;