Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Brad Gardner <bg...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/01 19:18:08 UTC

Possible portal site manager bug

I'm working with Jetspeed 2 using a custom portal built using the maven
tutorial on the jetspeed 2 site.  Everything seems to be functioning
perfectly until I start creating pages for roles.  After creating a role
page, navigating to it from a user that gets the page results in a blank
page with the text "Failed to create rendering job".  No errors in the log
files are reported, but I was able to find the problem by looking at the
PSML file that is generated.  In the generated PSML, I found this line:

<fragment id="P-124110d78e4-10007" type="layout" ></fragment>

I noticed that this did not name a layout to use, so I changed it to read:

<fragment id="P-124110d78e4-10007" type="layout"
name="jetspeed-layouts::VelocityTwoColumns"></fragment>

and the page works.

Has anyone had a similar experience?  I'm trying to do a bit more research
before reporting it as a bug, because it could be something I've done.
Right now, I have the same symptoms on a deployed portal on our win2k3
server, and a seperate portal build on my local system.

*Brad Gardner*
Mailto: bgardner87@gmail.com

Re: Possible portal site manager bug

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Brad,

Just the overridden beans should work AFAIK.

Randy

Posted by Brad Gardner <bg...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

Posted by Vivek Kumar <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com>.

Posted by Brad Gardner <bg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com>.
On Oct 1, 2009, at 10:18 AM, Brad Gardner wrote:

> I'm working with Jetspeed 2 using a custom portal built using the
> maven
> tutorial on the jetspeed 2 site.  Everything seems to be functioning
> perfectly until I start creating pages for roles.  After creating a
> role
> page, navigating to it from a user that gets the page results in a
> blank
> page with the text "Failed to create rendering job".  No errors in
> the log
> files are reported, but I was able to find the problem by looking at
> the
> PSML file that is generated.  In the generated PSML, I found this
> line:
>
> <fragment id="P-124110d78e4-10007" type="layout" ></fragment>
>
> I noticed that this did not name a layout to use, so I changed it to
> read:
>
> <fragment id="P-124110d78e4-10007" type="layout"
> name="jetspeed-layouts::VelocityTwoColumns"></fragment>
>
> and the page works.
>
> Has anyone had a similar experience?  I'm trying to do a bit more
> research
> before reporting it as a bug, because it could be something I've done.
> Right now, I have the same symptoms on a deployed portal on our win2k3
> server, and a seperate portal build on my local system.

How did you create the page for a role? I used the Site Manager and
created a page named dev1.psml, and it created this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<page id="/_role/dev/dev1.psml" hidden="false">
     <title>DevOne</title>
     <short-title>DevOne</short-title>
     <defaults></defaults>
     <fragment id="P-12411e1b12f-10000" type="layout" name="jetspeed-