Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/28 11:36:44 UTC

[ACS44] merge of forward branch

H,

I tried merging 4.4-forward back into 4.4. This leaves us with a grand
big conflict. I have calculated that the number of not cherry-picked
not reverted commits is 185. I will start cherry-picking them at
moments $dayjob allows. and then send a mail again.

don't forget to read up on the proces git-flow is based upon. We will
need to start working with a branch-merge per fix instead cherry-picks
in the very near future.

kind regards,
--
Daan

Re: [ACS44] merge of forward branch

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.
Then what about all fixes that went into 4.4-forward if they don't get picked up that contribution will not be used at all.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.
Every commit in 4.4 is from 4.4-forward, that's why we create 4.4-forward I
think?

--Sheng

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
This is my thinking, as well.

In theory, 4.4-forward should be a superset of 4.4.

I don't think merging is required.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com