Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "huanchen.zhang" <hu...@ipinyou.com> on 2012/06/08 12:46:36 UTC

InvalidJobConfException

Hi,

Here I'm developing a MapReduce web crawler which reads url lists and writes html to MongoDB.
So, each map read one url list file, get the html and insert to MongoDB. There is no reduce and no output of map. So, how to set the output directory in this case? If I do not set the output directory, it gives me following exception,

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.hadoop.mapred.InvalidJobConfException: Output directory not set.
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.output.FileOutputFormat.checkOutputSpecs(FileOutputFormat.java:123)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient$2.run(JobClient.java:872)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient$2.run(JobClient.java:833)
        at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1127)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJobInternal(JobClient.java:833)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.submit(Job.java:476)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.waitForCompletion(Job.java:506)
        at com.ipinyou.data.preprocess.mapreduce.ExtractFeatureFromURLJob.main(ExtractFeatureFromURLJob.java:56)

Thank you !

Best,
Huanchen

2012-06-08

huanchen.zhang

RE: InvalidJobConfException

Posted by Devaraj k <de...@huawei.com>.
By default it uses the TextOutputFomat(subclass of FileOutputFormat) which checks for output path.

You can use NullOuputFormat or your custom output format which doesn't do any thing for your job.

Thanks
Devaraj

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Huanchen,

Just set your output format class to NullOutputFormat
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/lib/output/NullOutputFormat.html
if you don't need any direct outputs to HDFS/etc. from your M/R
classes.

--
Harsh J