Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Johan Andries <ja...@schaubroeck.be> on 2004/02/24 11:05:40 UTC

preferred workflow j2ee project: maven reactor or multiproject goal?

Hello,

I've been reading through the Maven wiki today and noticed that on the http://wiki.codehaus.org/maven/CreatingJ2eeApplications page, the multiproject goal is used for artifact generation. I suppose today's specific workflow for j2ee projects (define interfaces + meta tags, code generation, app creation & deployment) needs some specific guidance and therefore the multiproject goal is used instead of the maven reactor? I'm just trying to figure which is the preferred way of working: either to use the reactor or to use the multiproject goal.

regards,
Johan

Re: preferred workflow j2ee project: maven reactor or multiproject goal?

Posted by Jim Crossley <ji...@crossleys.org>.
I think the multiproject goal uses the reactor internally.  You could
probably use either, but the multiproject stuff *should* be simpler.

Jim