Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sambasivarao giddaluri <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/01 20:45:14 UTC

Authentication for each collection

Hi All,
We have 2 collections and we are using  basic authentication against solr ,
configured in security.json . Is it possible to configure in such a way
that we have different credentials for each collection . Please advise if
there is any other approach i can look into.

Example ; user1:password1 for collection A
                 user2:password2 for collection B

Re: Authentication for each collection

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_6/authentication-and-authorization-plugins.html

*Authentication* is global, but *Authorization* can be configured to use
rules that restrict permissions on a per collection basis...

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_6/rule-based-authorization-plugin.html#permissions-2

In concrete terms, the specific example you asked about is supported:

: Example ; user1:password1 for collection A
:                  user2:password2 for collection B

what would *NOT* be supported is to have a distinct set of users for each
collection, such that there could be two different "user1" instances, each
with it's own password, where each "user1" had access to one collection.

: Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 13:45:14 -0700
: From: sambasivarao giddaluri <sa...@gmail.com>
: To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
: Subject: Authentication for each collection
:
: Hi All,
: We have 2 collections and we are using  basic authentication against solr ,
: configured in security.json . Is it possible to configure in such a way
: that we have different credentials for each collection . Please advise if
: there is any other approach i can look into.
:
: Example ; user1:password1 for collection A
:                  user2:password2 for collection B
:

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/