Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Andreas Delleske <de...@avmatsim.de> on 2015/10/27 17:32:43 UTC

Subclipse on Eclipse 3.8 on Linux Mint 17.2 (Ubuntu)

Dear list,

Linux Mint ( see http://www.linuxmint.com ) seems to be a variant of
Ubuntu Linux. "uname -a" says

Linux [hostname] 3.13.0-37-generic #64-Ubuntu SMP Mon Sep 22 21:28:38
UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

and "cat /etc/issue" says

Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela

I've successfully installed Eclipse 3.8.1 (debbuild) via the application
manager. Next, being root, I've updated eclipse with their built-in
system. Worked seemingly.

Now, according to that page:

http://subclipse.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectProcess?pageID=p4wYuA

the first thing I need to do is install JavaHL, right?

http://subclipse.tigris.org/wiki/JavaHL#head-bb1dd50f9ec2f0d8c32246430c00e237d27a04fe

# apt-get install libsvn-java

works fine. I get the resulting location

# find / -name libsvnjavahl-1.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/jni/libsvnjavahl-1.so

So when I try to test Java as suggested after having downloaded the
javahltests.jar file. When issueing

# java -Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/jni -jar
javahltests.jar

or

# java
-Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/jni/libsvnjavahl-1.so -jar
javahltests.jar

I get 50 errors, so 100% failure. Looks encouraging!

Unfortunately the howto does not say where to go from there.

Looking for answers in the web was not very helpful as there seem to
exist a plethora of versions of anything..

When I've installed subclipse several years ago, it has been equally
straining - I know that I need to enter the URL subclipse.tigris.org in
one of the next steps in order to install subclipse, but I don't know
which version.

I've seen there is a table on this page:

http://subclipse.tigris.org/wiki/JavaHL

- so I guess that as I have svn commandline client 1.8.8, I will need
the tigris subclipse URL 1.10.x?

Als a svn commandline client, I have svn 1.8.8 installed. Later, I'd
like to access a svn server with version 1.6

Thanks a lot..

*sigh*

Andreas

Re: Subclipse on Eclipse 3.8 on Linux Mint 17.2 (Ubuntu)

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
If you install from tar, it will presumably just be a folder in your home
directory.  It does not have any bearing on the packages from your distro.
You do not have to uninstall the eclipse-cdt package.  If the latest
version works better then you could certainly do so, but there is no need
to do it as a pre-req.

You will need to install any plugins etc. in the new version.  So you will
have to install Subclipse.  You will not have to install the JavaHL package
again though since you already did that.

Mark

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: Subclipse on Eclipse 3.8 on Linux Mint 17.2 (Ubuntu)

Posted by Andreas Delleske <de...@avmatsim.de>.
Dear Mark,

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 12:56 PM, Andreas Delleske <de...@avmatsim.de>
wrote:

> Dear Mark,
>
> thanks for answering so fast!
>
> > The wiki is pretty clear that the tests linked on that page are only
> good with SVN 1.6.
>
> I have SVN server 1.6 - I was not sure if that counts, apparently not.
>
> So what could be the next steps - ignore the test and add
>
> Subclipse 1.10 (for svn client 1.8) -
> http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.10.x
>
> to the list of repositories in Eclipse and install?

Yes, or install it from the Eclipse Marketplace Client (which just does
that for you).

> That's what I did (still being root) - now Eclipse wants to restart,
> then wants my confirmation that it might the GNOME keyring bug. I
> confirmed. Is that it?

The dialog is telling you there is a bug in GNOME keyring and that it needs
to disable that feature.  This is fixed in SVN 1.8.11+

> I think I did the same on my company's computer, the "Team" menu had
> been added, project can be checked out but checking out our project from
> the SVN server stops in the middle of the transaction (lengthy project
> with 100-200 MBytes reporoductibly without any message - while I am able
> to "svn co" the same project with svn commandline client..

Not sure I follow this part, but if a project is already checked out you
can use Eclipse File > Import > Existing Projects into Workspace to add it
to Eclipse.  If it is already in Eclipse, you can use Team > Share to
"connect" it with SVN plugin.

> Eclipse seems to work, but throws lot of these.
>
> [..]
> java version "1.7.0_79"
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.5.6) (7u79-2.5.6-0ubuntu1.14.04.1)
> Okt 27, 2015 5:46:52 PM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase
> processCookieHeaders
> WARNUNG: Cookie rejected: "$Version=0;
> JSESSIONID=8B06EEBB429BF8DBFD5788055CDB3F20; $Path=/servlets". Illegal
> path attribute "/servlets". Path of origin: "/update_1.10.x/p2.index"
> Okt 27, 2015 5:47:14 PM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase
> processCookieHeaders
> WARNUNG: Cookie rejected: "$Version=0;
> JSESSIONID=B92847B1AC91926EDBA04298E8BAB425; $Path=/servlets". Illegal
> path attribute "/servlets". Path of origin: "/update_1.10.x/p2.index"
> Okt 27, 2015 5:47:15 PM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase
> processCookieHeaders
> WARNUNG: Cookie rejected: "$Version=0;
> JSESSIONID=53DC53FE046B20A198058FBC9C363C7E; $Path=/servlets". Illegal
> path attribute "/servlets". Path of origin: "/update_1.10.x/p2.index"

These are not significant.

> Vector smash protection is enabled.
> java version "1.7.0_79"
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.5.6) (7u79-2.5.6-0ubuntu1.14.04.1)
>
> ** (Eclipse:11030): CRITICAL **: gboolean
> webkit_dom_mouse_event_get_alt_key(WebKitDOMMouseEvent*): assertion
> 'WEBKIT_DOM_IS_MOUSE_EVENT(self)' failed

These would be Eclipse SWT messages.

There have been a lot of GTK fixes in newer Eclipse versions since 3.8.
Could be worth trying Eclipse 4.5.1.  That said other than noting these

Posted by Andreas Delleske <de...@avmatsim.de>.
Dear Mark,

thanks for answering so fast!

> The wiki is pretty clear that the tests linked on that page are only good with SVN 1.6.

I have SVN server 1.6 - I was not sure if that counts, apparently not.

So what could be the next steps - ignore the test and add

Subclipse 1.10 (for svn client 1.8) -
http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.10.x

to the list of repositories in Eclipse and install?

That's what I did (still being root) - now Eclipse wants to restart,
then wants my confirmation that it might the GNOME keyring bug. I
confirmed. Is that it?

I think I did the same on my company's computer, the "Team" menu had
been added, project can be checked out but checking out our project from
the SVN server stops in the middle of the transaction (lengthy project
with 100-200 MBytes reporoductibly without any message - while I am able
to "svn co" the same project with svn commandline client..

Eclipse seems to work, but throws lot of these.

[..]
java version "1.7.0_79"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.5.6) (7u79-2.5.6-0ubuntu1.14.04.1)
Okt 27, 2015 5:46:52 PM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase
processCookieHeaders
WARNUNG: Cookie rejected: "$Version=0;
JSESSIONID=8B06EEBB429BF8DBFD5788055CDB3F20; $Path=/servlets". Illegal
path attribute "/servlets". Path of origin: "/update_1.10.x/p2.index"
Okt 27, 2015 5:47:14 PM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase
processCookieHeaders
WARNUNG: Cookie rejected: "$Version=0;
JSESSIONID=B92847B1AC91926EDBA04298E8BAB425; $Path=/servlets". Illegal
path attribute "/servlets". Path of origin: "/update_1.10.x/p2.index"
Okt 27, 2015 5:47:15 PM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase
processCookieHeaders
WARNUNG: Cookie rejected: "$Version=0;
JSESSIONID=53DC53FE046B20A198058FBC9C363C7E; $Path=/servlets". Illegal
path attribute "/servlets". Path of origin: "/update_1.10.x/p2.index"
Vector smash protection is enabled.
java version "1.7.0_79"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.5.6) (7u79-2.5.6-0ubuntu1.14.04.1)

** (Eclipse:11030): CRITICAL **: gboolean
webkit_dom_mouse_event_get_alt_key(WebKitDOMMouseEvent*): assertion
'WEBKIT_DOM_IS_MOUSE_EVENT(self)' failed

The last line is repeated about a hundred times..

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
The wiki is pretty clear that the tests linked on that page are only good with SVN 1.6. If you are determined to run the tests you need to get them from SVN. They are not our tests.

Mark