Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by "Christopher C. Lanz" <la...@potsdam.edu.INVALID> on 2023/06/08 12:13:01 UTC

change editor scrollbar color

Hello,

When working with a large file, the scrollbar (thumb?) becomes very small, and since its color is "light gray" (I think) it is difficult to see or find quickly while working.

Can the color of that bar (or the thumb therein) be changed? I couldn't find it in the various color-setting panes in "options". There are many posts concerning scroll bars that a user creates using Swing, but that's not the question here. I'm talking about the scrollbar that always appears on the right in the editor.

Thanks.

Chris Lanz4 Poplar St., Potsdam, NY

lanzcc@potsdam.edu
315 268 1547

Re: change editor scrollbar color

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 8 Jun 2023, 13:13 Christopher C. Lanz, <la...@potsdam.edu.invalid>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When working with a large file, the scrollbar (thumb?) becomes very small,
> and since its color is "light gray" (I think) it is difficult to see or
> find quickly while working.
>
> Can the color of that bar (or the thumb therein) be changed? I couldn't
> find it in the various color-setting panes in "options". There are many
> posts concerning scroll bars that a user creates using Swing, but that's
> not the question here. I'm talking about the scrollbar that always appears
> on the right in the editor.

Possibly take a look at https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues/5068

Best wishes,

Neil