Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Andrew Tumpach <ar...@yahoo.com> on 2002/05/30 20:55:27 UTC

Extending appenders, classpath issues

Hi all,

I've created a couple custom appenders, but when deployed with my app on
WebSphere, I realized I have a classpath issue:  Log4J is on the JVM classpath,
but the app is not.  Therefore, Log4J cannot see these custom appenders.

Our admins (for good reasons) may be hesitant to allow applications to be on
the JVM classpath.  Log4J can't be moved to application classpaths instead of
JVM because it is used by EJBs in some projects.

Does anyone else know of alternate solutions?

Thanks,
Andrew

Re: Extending appenders, classpath issues

Posted by Rafael Alvarez <so...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Andrew,

Check if websphere has a propietary method of specifiying additions to
the  classpath for each componet. That way you can put log4j in all
classpath without bothering the sysadmins.

AT> Hi all,

AT> I've created a couple custom appenders, but when deployed with my app on
AT> WebSphere, I realized I have a classpath issue:  Log4J is on the JVM classpath,
AT> but the app is not.  Therefore, Log4J cannot see these custom appenders.

Rafael

Re: Extending appenders, classpath issues

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
Try log4j version 1.2.3. Depending on how WL sets the Thread
Context Loader you might not need to do anything. This is 1.2.3 only.

Let us know if it works.

--
Ceki

SUICIDE BOMBING - A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY
Sign the petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/1234567b
I am signatory number 22106. What is your number?